- 2013 Team Description of Ballarpur Institute of Technology
- ===== BITFOROS (Ballarpur Institute of Technology for Open Source) =====
BITFOROS is Ballarpur Institute of Technology for Open Source a community which is founded, developed and maintained by Student's of MCA, Ballarpur Institute of Technology, Bamni, Ballarpur. A community will be dedicated for spreading awareness, take participate in development, distribution of Open Source Source and we will spread education of Open Source Software(OSS)Literacy Campaign throughout the district in school, colleges, government & private sector of rural and urban areas.
- ===== SOFTWARE FREEDOM DAY =====
Que. What is software freedom day? Ans. Software Freedom Day (SFD) is a worldwide celebration of Free and Open Source Software (FOSS). Software Freedom Day is officially celebrated on 3rd Saturday of September every year. The principles behind FOSS are underpinned by the users' freedom to run, copy, distribute, study, change and improve the software. You can read more about the four freedoms on the GNU website.
- ===== About Ballarpur Institute of Technology, Bamni, Ballarpur - 442 701 =====
- Welcome To Ballarpur Institute Of Technology BIT has AICTE Approved Courses including
1) Bachelor Of Engineering (B.E) 2) Master of Computer Application 3) M.Tech (Heat and Power Engg.) 4) M.Tech (Civil & Structural Engineering) 5) M.Tech (Electrical & Power Engg.) 6) Master Of Business Administration(MBA) 7) Polytechnic/Diploma
Ballarpur Institute Of Technology(BIT) is a technical institution called as Ballarpur Technical Campus which is approved by AICTE (All India Council of Technical Education), New Delhi and has got the approval from Govt. of Maharashtra, D.T.E. and have dual affiliation of Gondwana University, Gadchiroli(w.e.f 2012-2012 Session) & Rashtrasant Tukdoji Maharaj, Nagpur University, Nagpur. BIT extends its expertise in engineering and technological requirements to various public and private sector organization. The Goal of our Institution is to provide excellent coaching to our students. We aim to make our students to engineers / masters possessing outstanding quality to become leaders in their profession by providing valuable opportunities for learning which is managed by actively influencing the academic and extra-curricular experience of students. OUR MISSION To prepare competent need based human resource and responsible citizens for engineering and master's profession through dissemination of knowledge and development of technical skills and create an environment that fosters the involvement and commitment of all stakeholders for continuous improvement in performance and quality.
OUR VISION To become benchmark technical institution where learning is a joy, education is for the tomorrow, research & development is pace setting and every one is committed to delivering competent human resource for prosperity and well-being of industry, profession and society.
BITFOROS TEAM 2013 had planned for following events
1) Technical Seminar by great technocrat Mr. Atul Palandurkar working from last 15 years in the field of open source software including Java, Netbeans, Android, etc. working in SIT, Nagpur - in.linkedin.com/in/atulpalandurkar 2) Organizing Poster Competition between students of Engineering Colleges 3) Technical Session on how to use open source software and spread knowledge how they are better then proprietary software. 4) Group Discussion, Feedback and Interaction sessions between students and Resource Person. _ BITFOROS@2013(Ballarpur Institute of Technology for Open Source)