Date and time
2023-09-23 12:00-16:00 approx.
- 12:10 opening
- 12:20 chats, drinks, and pizza
- 13:00 COSTAS fireside chat: 99 problems with Open Source. Tanya Dadasheva, Michael Bielicki, Roman Shaposhnik
- 13:45 break, chats, and drinks
14:00 Aleksei on pros & cons of a personal OSS project
- 14:30 break, chats, and drinks
- 15:00 Federico on OSS generative AI models
- 15:45 party on the roof (if the weather allows)
A meetup with 20-40 minute panels and tech talks (in English), with or without presentations. AMA sessions are also possible.
Last minute decisions
If you want to participate as a speaker, our meetup is quite flexible, and you're free to join us and speak up your mind. Any stories about developing/supporting open source, related difficulties and profits are more than welcome! Like how open source helps to evolve technologies and pushes technological progress, how open source projects influence development of proprietary projects, how developers make money on it, how they find energy and time to support projects without profits. Also about indirect influence, which is not so obvious to measure—like Kotlin's influence on JetBrains brand.
Purpose of the event
Let's talk about development of actively maintained open source. There are alternatives to proprietary software, where you don't have to wait for years for updates—you can come and sponsor an update you require in an open source project or add it yourself.