Free Software Australia and Linux Users Victoria
Software Freedom Day - Saturday 17th of September 2022
It's almost time for Software Freedom Day, and this year Free Software Melbourne and Linux Users Victoria are celebrating the 19th Software Freedom Day with an online event. We'll be hosting a range of talks and presentations around the theme of promoting the use of Free and Open Source Software in online communities, schools and workplaces. We'll be having talks about how Free and Open Source Software can help us build communities, improve teaching experiences, and how we can use more Free and Open Source Software in the workplace
This year we will be hearing talks about Free and Open Source software used in the educational space, Open Hardware for wearable devices and Open Source software that can be used for connecting users in a business environment. We'll also be having lightning talks and introductions to local user groups from the Australian Open Source community.
Participation is no cost and we are of course holding the event online. The event link will open directly in your browser (we recommend Firefox or Chromium) so no additional software is required and it will work on any operating system.
Software Freedom Day is a family friendly event welcoming to anyone, and open to people of all technical abilities. Pass on the invitation to anyone you think may enjoy it and help make it a great day. We have a code of conduct available on our website, but in short: Be respectful, Be inclusive and Be aware.
Hope to see you all online for the best Software Freedom Day ever!
- Date: Saturday the 17th of September 2022
- Time: Talks starting at 10:30am and wrapping up about 5:30pm
- Location: Online Meeting Room links will be disclosed closer to the event.
- Meeting Tips:
- Mute microphone when not speaking.
- Headsets recommended to reduce feedback if you will be speaking.
- If you are having difficulty hearing or being heard there is a chat stream available.
- If you want to ask a question during the presentation either ask it in the chat or use the “raise hand” button.
Code of Conduct: http://freesoftware.org.au/code-of-conduct/
Mailing List: Stay in touch by joining our mailing list here: https://lists.softwarefreedom.com.au/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/free-software-melb
- Event starting 10:30am and ending around 5:30pm
- Further details to be advised as available
Get involved by submitting a proposal to the committee: email@example.com