Kia ora, Hi, Welcome!
We present, promote, train around and supply Unix-derived Free and Open-Source Software (FOSS) especially GNU/Linux and BSD - Freenix!
We meet at the South Library Learning Centre computer lab, 66 Colombo Street in Cashmere, on the first Wednesday night of each month except January and especially on the Saturday morning of Software Freedom Day.
Come meet us there on 18 September 2021, anytime from 10am to 4pm - use library rear doorway, follow the SFD signs. More information at SFD21.
Covid-19 Delta level 2 rules of operation
· Computer Lab: Maximum of 7 persons
· It is the responsibility of groups or individuals hiring library rooms to ensure that they meet the Government’s Alert Level 2 requirements and guidelines
· Mandatory contact tracing – Please scan in via a COVID-19 QR code, or manually sign in via a contact tracing register
· Physical distancing must be in place at all times during an event. Everyone must maintain a two-metre distance
· Everyone must wear a mask
· Good hygiene practices must be followed at all times. Please use hand sanitiser and cleaning products as appropriate
· No food or drink is to be consumed in the rooms
· Windows are to be left open (afterhours users to close upon leaving)
· Only one person in the toilets at any time (please knock before entering)
Join our SFD event online at https://meet.jit.si/SFD2021 - if we have to set a jitsi password it will be SFD - [link now replaced with https://meet.jit.si/freechan] - or our first Wednesday night monthly meetings https://meet.jit.si/GNUz-Otautahi [also now https://meet.jit.si/freechan] and https://bbb.nzoss.nz/b/rik-huz-nrm-vmu occasional trials.
City council notice https://ccc.govt.nz/news-and-events/whats-on/event/software-freedom-day
Thank you - SFD Team Christchurch (2004-2021)
Software Freedom Day GNU/Linux and FOSS promotion, support, community day, global - http://www.softwarefreedomday.org