We, various professionals had joined together and formed this organization to promote free softwares and spread out knowledges about software freedom in Bangladesh.
At present the Executive committee of FOSS Bangladesh are --
- 1. Z.M Mehdi Hasan -- President
- 2. Shazedur Rahim Joardar -- General Secretary
- 3. Sabir Mahmud Lucky -- Finance Secretary
- 4. Advocate Parvez Hashem -- Law Secretary
- 5. Dr. Miah Mohammed Husainuzzaman Shamim -- Information and Research Secretary
- 6. A.T.M Masudul Bari -- Public Relation Secretary
- 7. Nafiur Rahman Romim -- Executive Member
- 8. Syeda Shahanaz Parvin -- Executive Member
- 9. Lomani Zabe Joardar -- Executive Member
All the Executive members are serving this organization voluntary and managing the legal, communication and financial issues as per the country rules where it is registered as a non-profitable, voluntary organization.
Along with these Executive members we have a lot of volunteers with us and they are helping in organizing various programs. Each and everyone of these people are working totally voluntary and they are continuing this for their love, dedication and passion for an IT enabled, free, happy and prosperous Bangladesh.
FOSS Bangladesh area of Interest:
1. Community Building – Adoption
2. Universities – Syllabus, Curriculum, Motivation and Hands on Training
3. Government – Collaboration
4. Industry Development – Subject Matter Experts
5. Research and Development - Inventor and Business Developers
Celebration plan "Software Freedom Day - 2013"
FOSS Bangladesh will be celebrating the Software Freedom Day as the "সফটওয়্যার মুক্তি দিবস - ২০১৩" with all the free software lovers in Bangladesh. Wanna join us??
Saturday, 21 September 2013
Venue & Timing
Presidency University, Gulshan-2, Dhaka-1230.[From 10.00 to 16.30 hrs(local time, GMT+6:00)]
- 10:00 - 10:30 -- Welcome + Opening Speeches
- 10.30 - to till end there will be banners and festoons showing the history and moments, developments information etc. of various Free Softwares and GNU/Linux.
- Along with this there will be localized video shows representing Software Freedom and the FSF movements and many more.
GNU/Linux installation and support booth
All the participants may avail this service (registration required) for their laptop/desktop/netbook for free of cost by our volunteers.
We have a bunch of DVDs for the participants with various GNU/Linux distros.
For more details please contact:
-- Ring @ +8801671411437
Post Event updates
We had celebrated the day with a day long event at the planned venue as scheduled earlier. Vice Chancellor of the Presidency University Dr. Muhammad Mahboob Ali had innaugarated the event and joined our sessions. As planned FOSS Bangladesh President Mr. Z M Mehdi Hasan, General Secretary S R Joardar (ring), Information and Research Secretary Dr. Miah Mohammed Husainuzzaman Shamim and Volunteer Mr. Ashker Ibne Abbas and Mr. Istiaque Ahmed had presented in the session on various Software Freedom and Free software. In his speech Dr. Muhammad Mahboob Ali had praised FOSS Bangladesh initiatives in organizing SFD in Bangladesh and with Presidency University as the co-organizer. He also expressed his hope to upgrade the education process of Presidency University as the campus will be the first in Bangladesh to operate in fully on Free Software. FOSS Bangladesh also promised the Presidency University authority to work together to make the hope into a great success.
To view some of the photos of this event: Visit this link