Meeting Minutes - 23rd August 2012
- User Groups
We inspected the Suse office and found tha they are ideal for the science hack-day but there was concern about the size of the auditorium, espeically for the key note and we felt that it would not be big enough to accommodated the expected numbers. Schalk has been battling to get hold of his contact at Wits regarding the venue availablility. It was decided to give Wits to Wednesday to come back to us otherwise we would be forced to go with SuSe offices.
We have confirmed a speaker from the Square Kilometre Array. We already have a list of people who will be doing lignting talks and we will look for more people before the event so attendees can assess their interest in the talks. People will still be able to volutneer on the day to give lighting talks and an unconference format will be used.
User groups are still organising what they want to do on the day.
It was dec ided to go ahead with an event bright invite despite the uncertainty on the venue. It was felt it was important to get the communications out soon so as to give possible. Notification is to go out on Monday.
See Below for Agenda Details
The Wedge Office Park 255 Rivonia Road Sandton 2057
- Feed back about WITS
- Decision on venu WITS or Novel
- 80 People
- Internet + Wifi
- Food next door
- 150+ auditorium wise and have workbenches and the like for the hackathon
- Foyer for the stands
- Confirm about food
- Need to check about Internet and WIFI
- Feed back on sponsorship
- Johan - MyBB
- Try to get a redirect from the old urls
- Possibly get content from last years site (Mark?)
- Compose email to send out inviting people and groups
- Get details of people from last year (Mark ? )
- Start setup of site so people can pre sign up for talks
- Keynote followup
- SKA - Tim has contacted and trying to get someone but looks like it may not happen
- Open Data - Schalk to follow up
- Open Stack was suggested by Corrie he committed to following up with Paul Scott.
- Willem suggested creative commons and said he would follow up
- A suggestion of Schalk Heunis was maid. Possibly keep this as backup
Alastair Otter? IOL Online Editor, and guy from techtonic/mediahack? (http://mediahack.co.za/about-2/)
- Suggested by Corrie
- tShirts - Johan Els (mindset) offered to follow up with myBroadband
- Sticker - Willem offered to sponsor