SFD 2013 Competition
Welcome to the 2013 SFD competition!
Digital Freedom Foundation is proud to announce that the Best Event Competition is back and encourage every registered 2013 SFD team to join! This year we are back to our classics and things that benefit an important part of the population. Of course this is also something that can easily be shared.
The competition will be judged by the Digital Freedom Foundation competition committee as we did in the previous year. The deadline for submitting entries is 31st October 2013 at 1200UTC.
- Two prizes will be awarded to the top two entries (1 set of prize(s) per team).
- Entries will consist of descriptions of the event, video, photos, web links, scanned newspaper reports and possibly other multimedia content.
- Entries will be judged on the scope and success of activities, innovativeness of the events, number of people reached, amount of publicity, and other criteria.
- Entries will need to demonstrate that the event was clearly expressing the ideas of what software freedom represents and of the free software movement
- Entries that involve the wider community (beyond the FOSS and geek community) and press coverage will be considered particularly successful.
- Only registered teams are eligible to join the competition.
- The closing date for all entries is 31st October 2013 at 12h00 UTC (Coordinated Universal Time)
Teams that require more time to prepare their entries may be granted an extension at the discretion of the competition organisers. Applications for a deadline extension should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Winners will be notified by email within around 6 weeks of the closing date i.e. on or before 19 December 2013 and will be announced publicly on the SFD website and elsewhere.
- Digital Freedom Foundation and related organisations (including sponsors) have the right to publish any information submitted as a competition entry.
- Only one entry per team may be submitted.
- Entries can only be submitted by filling out the form (link to be published after SFD).
- Entries must indicate the name of entrant, contact details (same email as the one used when registering), and a full explanation of their entry with any links.
- Any entry that requires judges to register to view the content will be discarded (ex: Facebook, Google Plus, etc)
- The judging panel consists of the board of volunteers from the Digital Freedom Foundation community.
- The judging panel has the right to contact applicants for any explanation of the entry.
- Judges, their immediate families, and their SFD teams are ineligible to enter the competition.
- The judges' decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Contestants who are rude or abusive or who are found to have submitted fraudulent information about themselves or their entry will be excluded from the competition.
- The promoter of this competition is Digital Freedom Foundation, Hip Wo Street, Kwun Tong, Kowloon, Hong Kong.