Free Software Melbourne and Linux Users Victoria
Software Freedom Day 2017!
It's that time of the year where we celebrate our freedoms in technology and raise a ruckus about all the freedoms that have been eroded away. The time of the year we look at how we might keep our increasingly digital lives under our our own control and prevent prying eyes from seeing things they shouldn't. You guessed it: It's Software Freedom Day!
Free Software Melbourne, in conjunction with Linux Users Victoria, is celebrating the 14th annual Software Freedom Day with talks from Linux Users Victoria, Electronic Frontiers Australia and the F-Droid app store. We'll also be having plenty of networking opportunities, introductions to local technology groups and a Linux installfest. So bring down that old pc you were about to throw away and give it a new coat of Debian and bring it back to life!
We have a Code of conduct online which we follow. In short: Be respectful. Be mindful. Work together. This is the a family friendly event, please invite anyone that is interested along to help make it a great day
Entry is free anytime, so help spread the word on everyone’s liberties. Tea, Coffee and light refreshments will be provided gratis
Hope to see all your happy faces at the event (you don't have to be happy, but be there!)
- 12:00pm - Doors open
- 12:15pm - Introduction to FOSS with FSM
- 1:00pm - Michael Verrenkamp - Welcome and Gnews for the year
1:15pm - Jon Lawrence - Electronic Frontiers Australia
- 2:15pm - OS Community get together - Community group introductions
- 2:45pm - Break and Installfest (Debian focused)
3:15pm - Andrew Pam - Linux
4:15pm - Peter Serwylo - F-Droid
- 6:00pm - End Day... Dinner at KL Bangra
- Date: Saturday the 16th September
- Location: Electron Workshop co-working space
- Address: 31 Arden Street, North Melbourne
Travel Tips: http://www.electronworkshop.com.au/map/
- Parking: Plenty of 2 hour parking in the area
Code of Conduct: http://freesoftware.org.au/code-of-conduct/