PULUG stands for Panjab University Linux User Group It is the group founded by CSE and IT enthusiasts of UIET, Panjab University.
We are going to organise SFD for 7th time in a row. This time again its a two day event with day 1 dedicated to familiarizing freshers with Open source world and then day 2 exposing them to advance topics. Last year we had 200+ attendees and this year also we expect similar response. We hope it to be a phenomenal event.
Date: 17th and 18th September 2016
Venue: yet to be finalized
Timings: 9am to 5pm (timings are tentative and might change please keep on checking until this comment is there) Following is the two day routine :
Day 1 - 17th September 2016
1. What is SFD and why it matters.
2. Introduction to Opensource and FOSS
3. Getting involved into Opensource
4. Introduction to Linux
5. Linux installation guide using Live CD's, Live Usb's and rooted android phones.
6. Expert talks on android,programming in general and hacking into stuff.
7. Finding your way out of issues and art of googling.
Day 2 - 18th September 2016
1. Using Linux and CLI
2. Familiarization with Version Control Systems with focus on Git.
3. Tech Support from the community
4. Web Development using django,flask,meteor,ionic like frameworks.
We will distribute goodies to the attendees, some of which we expect from you and some from other communities and organisations whom we have contributed to in terms of coding and documentation. To stay up to date, kindly subscribe to PULUG at
To stay up to date, kindly subscribe to PULUG athttps://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/pulug
Visit our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/sfdpu