Summary of decision meeting 15 August 2012
- Science Hack Day follow up,
- Venue follow up,
- Keynote follow up
- Sponsor follow up
- User group report back
Science Hack Day follow up
Feed back from Schalk was that it all looked good and that both day will be combined.
It was decided to hold the event at Novel offices (Offered by Johann Els) . (255 rivonia road,the wedge office park). The reasoning was that Schalk would have to follow up with WITS about moving to a larger venue. Also by not having to pay for a venue if we did get sponsorship it could now be used for something more related to the day.
The novel offices covered the basic requirements of
- 80 People
- Food and drinks close by (Shopping center next door)
- The venue has to be open Saturday and Sunday for Science Hack Day
It was decided to have the next meeting at the Novel offices at 18:00 Thursday 23 August to check it out and confirm.
Key Note Follow up
- SKA - Tim has contacted and trying to get someone but looks like it may not happen
- Open Data - Schalk to follow up
- Open Stack was suggested by Corrie he committed to following up with Paul Scott.
- Willem suggested creative commons and said he would follow up
- A suggestion of Schalk Heunis was maid. Possibly keep this as backup
After thinking about it the following were highlighted as things that would be nice to have sponsored
- tShirts - Johan Els (mindset) offered to follow up with myBroadband
- Sticker - Willem offered to sponsor
It was decided that this will be easier to sort out once we've sent the mail about the day. Though a couple people committed to follow up.