Software Freedom Network
Software Freedom Network will be celebrating SFD at the University of Santo Tomas on September 17, 2011 at 9:00am - 5:00pm at the University of Santo Tomas.
The morning session will include plenary discussions and presentations on various topics:
- 08:00 - 09:00 Registration
- 09:00 - 09:10 Welcome Remarks
- 09:10 - 09:20 Video Messages of support for SFD 2011
- 09:20 - 09:35 Introduction to FOSS
- 09:35 - 09:50 Ubuntu Desktop Tour
- 09:50 -10:00 Raffle
- 10:00 - 10:15 Trends in FOSS
- 10:15 - 10:30 Google and Open Source
- 10:30 - 10:45 Special topic from Exist Global
- 10:45 - 11:15 Speed Coding Contest
- 11:15 - 11:30 Free Culture
- 11:30 - 11:45 FOSS Legislation
11:45 - 12:00 Q&A
From 1:00 - 5:00 pm, simultaneous breakout sessions will cover various free and open source software and projects:
- FOSS for the Arts
- Content Management Systems and Web Visualization
- FOSS for Developers
A satellite celebration at the University of the Philippines - College of Education will include topics on FOSS for Education, led by the UP Network for Educational Technology.
Most of the participants will be coming from schools all over Metro Manila and Luzon. Pre-SFD events will be held in various partner schools to promote software freedom and SFD.
In the coming months we will have the following pre-event activities:
- August 25, 2011. FOSS@Schools: TUP Manila (Multimedia)
- August 27, 2011. FOSS@Schools: TIP-QC
- August 31, 2011. FOSS@Schools: Manila Central University
Software Freedom Network is composed of the Computer Professionals' Union, Exist Global, Pinoy Blender Users' Group, Developers' Society of TCU, Computer Association of TUP Manila, Computer Science Society of UST, Wikimedia Philippines and OpenStreetMap Philippines.
Connect with SFD Philippines
SFD page on the CPU Idea Wiki
- Email - foss(at)cp-union(dot)com