We, various professionals had joined together and formed this organization to promote free softwares and spread out knowledges about software freedom in Bangladesh.
Current core members of FOSS Bangladesh are --
- 1. Z.M Mehdi Hasan -- President, FOSS Bangladesh and Managing Director, Digital Watch Limited.
- 2. Shazedur Rahim Joardar -- General Secretary, FOSS Bangladesh and Consultant, IT and MIS, Jalal Ahmed Spinning Mills Ltd.
- 3. Mohammad Sabir Mahmud -- Finance Secretary, FOSS Bangladesh and Mechanical Engineer and Propreitor of Shakera Enterprise.
- 4. Advocate Parvez Hashem -- Law Secretary, FOSS Bangladesh
- 5. Dr. Miah Mohammed Husainuzzaman Shamim -- Information and Research Secretary, FOSS Bangladesh and Associate Professor, Department of Civil Engineering, Presidency University.
- 6. A.T.M Masudul Bari -- Public Relation Secretary, FOSS Bangladesh and Commuication Officer Kuliarchar Group.
- 7. Nafiur Rahman Romim -- Member, FOSS Bangladesh and Senior Programmer, BJIT.
- 8. Syeda Shahanaz Parvin -- Member, FOSS Bangladesh and Senior Teacher, Mirpur Ideal Girls School and College.
- 9. Lomani Zabe Joardar -- Member, FOSS Bangladesh.
All the core members are serving this organization voluntary and managing the legal, communication and financial issues as per the country rules where it is registered as a non-profitable, voluntary organization.
Along with these core members we have a lot of volunteer with us and they are helping on organizing various programs. Some of our volunteer members are --
- Kayesh Khan -- Volunteer, FOSS Bangladesh
- MD. Ashickur Rahman Noor -- Volunteer, FOSS Bangladesh
- MD. Elyas Ahmed -- Volunteer, FOSS Bangladesh
- MD. Sohel Shahed -- Volunteer, FOSS Bangladesh
- Aftabul Islam -- Volunteer, FOSS Bangladesh
- MD. Zahidur Rahman Sumon -- Volunteer, FOSS Bangladesh
- Bishwajit Sarkar -- Volunteer, FOSS Bangladesh
- Engr. Raihan Chowdhury Nipun -- Volunteer, FOSS Bangladesh
- Selim Reza Newton -- Volunteer, FOSS Bangladesh
- Nuruzzaman Milon -- Volunteer, FOSS Bangladesh
Each and everyone of these people are working totally voluntary and they are continuing this for their love, dedication and passion for an IT enabled, free, happy and prosperous Bangladesh.
Celebrating "Software Freedom Day - 2011"
FOSS Bangladesh will be celebrating the Software Freedom Day as the "সফটওয়্যার মুক্তি দিবস - ২০১১" with all the Open Source and free software lovers in Bangladesh. The program will be organized at Presidency University at their Banani Campus located at 10, Kamal Ataturk Avenue, Banani, Dhaka.
Program Details: (8 hour 30 minute, It's a day long event at will be Open for all):
1. At 10:00 am (local time) (GMT+6:00) in the morning the event will be opened for all (Students and Enthusiasts from all over Bangladesh may join us). Some of the Hosts and the invited Guests will give their speech to the participants.
2. From 10:30 (local time) (GMT+6:00) to till end there will be banners and festoons showing the history and moments, developments information etc. of various Free and Open Source Software and Linux.
3. Their will be video shows representing Software Freedom and the FSF movements and many more.
4. Various Linux distro will be available for all (in ISO or CD/DVD format).
For the first time in Bangladesh there will be a “Linux Installation Booth” in the event. Where our volunteer will install the Linux distro’s and do the necessary tweaks after installation among the participant as they prefer (Those who register in Online will get the priority most.)
To participate in this event please visit "সফটওয়্যার মুক্তি দিবস - ২০১১".
Celebrating "Software Freedom Day - 2011, Last Minute updates"
Location Map of the event প্রেসিডেন্সী বিশ্ববিদ্যালয় (বনানী ক্যাম্পাস), ১০, কামাল আতাতুর্ক এভিনিউ, বনানী, ঢাকা।.
Post Event updates of Celebrating "Software Freedom Day - 2011"
As scheduled the event started at 10:00 in the morning with the National Anthym of Bangladesh and the Free Software Song. After that the video speech by Richard Stallman for Software Freedom Day (dubbed into Bengali by FOSS Bangladesh) was played. After that the main show began. There was a whole day seminar and sessions for the participants on the event such as --
- @ 10:30 -- 11:15 Installing GNU/Linux based OS and configure it for desktop use was presented by MD. Ashickur Rahman Noor
- @ 11:15 -- 11:50 Configuring various type of internet connections and usb modems was presented by Shazedur Rahim Joardar (ring)
- @ 11:50 -- 12:50 Using GIMP for image editing in a professional way by Shohanur Rahim Joardar
- @ 12:50 -- 14:00 Lunch break.
- @ 14:00 -- 15:30 Use of Libre Office and Libre CAD in profeessional needs was presented by Dr. Miah Mohammed Husainuzzaman Shamim
- @ 15:30 -- 16:30 Using GNU/Linux and Free softwares in daily life.
- @ 16:30 -- 18:00 Questions and answering session for the participants on the event.
For the first time in Bangladesh, in such an event we have an arrangement for the participants as "Linux and FOSS installation and support booth" where the participants installed GNU/Linux based OS and Free Softwares to their laptop/netbook as their own choice by our volunteers. The whole event area was covered by 3MBps bandwidth under a wireless (Wi-Fi) network. There was a CD/DVD/ISO distribution booth too. From where the participants had collected their choosen GNU/Linux distros.
To view the photos of this event click here.
-- Shazedur Rahim Joardar (ring) +8801671411437