Computer Professionals' Union & the Software Freedom Network Philippines
In 2010, the Philippines saw the ICT sector mobilize for in guarding the nation's first nation-wide automated elections, contributing its technical know-how in advocating for a transparent, fair and credible electoral exercise. The FOSS community contributed to the efforts, with free and open electoral monitoring tools such as the Vote Report PH (http://votereportph.org) powered by Drupal and Ushahidi.
The FOSS community intends to step up its role in nation-building in its celebration of SFD Philippines 2010. In addition to the introductory seminars, it aims to showcase the application of different FOSS tools in conributing to education, entrepreneurship and advocacy. For indeed, CHANGE is FOSSible!
The Computer Professionals Union is a duly registered non-stock, non-profit organization of ICT professionals, students and advocates committed in the advocacy of advancing ICT for the People. It has also served as the leading organizer of Software Freedom Day in the Philippines since 2004.
- The Educational Technology Department of the University of the Philippines - Diliman (UP Diliman) College of Education
- University of the Philippines Linux Users Group (UnPLUG)
(Note: list is not exhaustible)
- The UP Network for Educational Technology
- Junior Computer Professionals' Union - UP Diliman
- The Office of Bayan Muna Rep. Teddy Casino
- PHP Users Group - Philippines
- Philippine Blender Users Group
- Joomla Users Group - Philippines
- Pilipinas I-Cafe Marketing Cooperative
- Adamson University (AdU) Computer Science Department
- AdU Computer Science Open Source University Meet-up
- AdU Computer Science Society
- AdU Web Development Team
- National Union of Cybercafes of the Philippines
SFD Philippines 2010 is a whole-day affair with plenary discussions in the morning and a total of 7 breakout sessions on different FOSS topics and applications in the afternoon. Plenary discussions will be held simultaneously at the UP Engineering Theater and the UP Education Theater in the University of the Philippines - Diliman. Breakout sessions will be held at various on-campus locations at the College of Education, College of Engineering, and the School of Library and Information Studies.
- 8:00 –9:00: Registration
- 9:00 –9:05: Philippine Anthem
- 9:05 –9:20: Welcome Remarks
- 9:20 –9:35: What is FOSS and SFD?
- 9:35 –9:50: F/O Culture: Patents and Licenses
- 9:50 –10:10 Business Models
- 10:10 –10:20 Coffee Break
- 10:20 –10:50: Tour of a Free Desktop
10:50 –11:20: The FOSS Act of 2010 & SME Legislations
- 11:20 –11:50: FOSS for Advocacies
- 11:50 –12:00: SMS-based Open Forum
- FOSS for Entrepreneurship
- FOSS Mobile Technologies
- FOSS for Design
- FOSS COntent Management Systems
- FOSS Tools and Philosophy in Advocacies
- FOSS for Education
- LAMPP Dev Platform