Software Freedom Day 2011
Who are we?
We are OSUM Club (Open Source University Meet-up) at Alexandria University.
“to empower all people to freely connect, create and share in a digital world that is participatory, transparent, and sustainable.”
“to spread the word of Open Source in our city in every possible way, to urge students to learn, use, develop and share different Open Source technologies to tell students about technologies that they would want to use and help them use it during this period.”
● to celebrate software freedom and the people behind it
● to foster a general understanding of software freedom, and encourage adoption of free software and open standards
● to create more equal access to opportunities through the use of participatory technologies
● to promote constructive dialogue on responsibilities and rights in the information society
● to be inclusive of organizations and individuals that share our Vision
● to be pragmatic, transparent, and responsible as an organisation Project: Software Freedom Day (SFD) is a worldwide celebration of Free and Open Source Software (FOSS).
The event will be held for 3 days starting on the 24th of August Target: The event targets people interested in FOSS technology and principles, also people who don't have any background of the topic but have the desire to learn about it, still it is important for experienced users to show up to share their knowledge with newbies, which is the heart of the Open Source Culture.
• Introduction to Open Source Culture and it’s Philosophy.
• Linux (Day to Day usage, Administration and Development).
• Open Source programming languages (C, Java, PHP, Ruby and Python).
• The future of computing and the role of open source in the future.
• Contribution to Open Source Community
• Live Demos for showing Closed Source replacements, installing, configuring and using FOSS.
• Stands that provide on-site installation and information.
• Study Groups that provide participants with guidelines to teach themselves more about FOSS.
• Contests held on different levels to urge participants to read a lot and know more.
- Hams Elashry
- Rania Salama
- Ahmed Emara
- Khaled Hady
- Mohamed Sameh
- Amani Salah
- Walaa Gomaa
- Amr Alassal
For more information you can contact:
Hams Elashry Head of Organizing Committee
Email : email@example.com
Website : www.softwarefreedomday.org